The Khalsa Healing Arts &
is honored to announce
Kundalini Yoga Level 1 Teacher Training begins Oct. 5, 2019
Seva Days May 16/23
What You Can Expect Through This Training:
This instruction will be 220 hours of rigorous, in depth immersion for those sincerely dedicated to serving through their personal experience of yoga and meditation. Your credit hours will come through intensive practice and teaching, early morning sadhanas, weekend retreats, weekend workshops, class lectures and discussions, personal counseling, and taking of beginner's courses, self study, and extensive required readings. In addition, there will be travel and training with teachers from other areas of the country.
Upon completion and graduation you will receive a diploma, certifying your ability to teach yoga and meditation. Certification will be awarded when all credit hours, examinations, and trainings are fulfilled. The Khalsa Healing Center will also assist you in finding facilities in which you can teach.
Experiencing the Evolved Kundalini Yogic Science for the advancement of Personal and Planetary Peace
Understanding and Embodying Self as a Light Being.
Exploring the Mystical Dimensions of your Self as a
Healing Transformer of the Individual & Collective Psyche.
Using Universal Vibration for cultivating Transcendental States
of Consciousness and Meditative Bliss.
Developing a Committed Path of Self Reliance and
empowerment through the challenges of Time and Space.
Profoundly powerful Breath practices that transform physical,
emotional, mental and spiritual well-being.
Advancing both Brain and Mind capabilities through
evolutionary Neuro-energetic Kundalini yoga practices
Universal sound entrainment through Gong Immersion,
Sacred chanting and Internalize meditation.
Reconnection with Nature and tuning into the heart beat of
creation through outdoor practices
The Course of Study Will Include:
- An in depth understanding of the various traditions of Yoga
- Application and principles behind the asanas
- The science of breath; its use in healing both the body & mind
- A comprehensive approach to various styles of Pranayama
- An in depth understanding of the 8 Limbs of Yoga
- A practical and experiential teaching on the 7 Chakras
- Yogic Hygiene and Diet
- Ayurvedic philosophy and its importance in understanding peoples personal needs
- Understanding and importance of Mantras And Mudras in yogic practice
- A thorough study and understanding of the aphorisms of Patanjali
- Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga
- In depth Approach to Meditation, and its importance in yoga practice, along with how to use meditation in practical ways to heal physical and psychological conditions
- Understanding the application of Yoga and Healing for both medical and holistic environments
- Art and Science of Kundalini Yoga Kriyas
- Developing the consciousness of being a teacher(i.e. the healthy student teacher relationship)
- Metaphysical Anatomy
- Exploring the Nadis - 10 Bodies and the Aura
- Setting up classes and Curriculum for public and personal environments
- Teaching for special groups and needs (prenatal, seniors, children)
- Teaching Internship
"Teacher training Level One with Mahan Rishi and Nirbhe Kaur was one of the most profound experiences of my life.
Their honesty, love and depth of knowledge and spiritual commitment was palpable. The Truth was absolutely in every fiber of their Being.
I am infinitely grateful to them, and my extraordinary spiritual brothers and sisters in the class, who so selflessly and fearlessly united in growth, compassion, love, and joy! Our time together was precious. Can't wait for another occasion to be together! Wahe Guru! "
Rose Petruzzi - Amrit Nam (Fairfield CT TT 2012)
"Thank you so much for this beautiful Kundalini Yoga training in
your studio. I have such gratidute for all that you both do to make this
incredible learning experience happen, for me, and others on a spiritual
journey. I feel
very blessed to have your love and support as I evolve and open to new ways of
thinking, feeling, and being in my body.
10 months of training with Mahan Rishi, Nirbhe Kaur, and both of you, I'm more focused and forgiving.
My relationships at work with my fellow school teachers and students are more
honest, clear, and respectful. I am more patient and less reactive when a
problem arises--I don't get so annoyed with my little school students when they
repeat the same mistakes because I understand that patterns of behavior are not
always easy to change. Yet through the kundalini yoga practice I see great
potential for change. I learned specific 'tools' that can help me break
through negative though and behavior patterns (postures, meditation, breathing
I also feel
more balanced and grounded. I
remember a drawing that one of my kindergarten students made of me. She drew
green single line at the bottom of the page to represent the
ground. Then she drew me floating above the line. I asked her why my feet were
not on the ground. "She said because you fly and get lost sometimes.
" That portrait always resonated with me, a reminder to be grounded before
taking flight. The Kundalini yoga practice is always giving me new insights
about myself and the inate wisdom that is in all of us." Love, Jen (Boston TT 2013)